The window officially opened in July after the completion of the delayed 2019-2020 Premier League season. Clubs will now be busy tweaking their squads ahead of the new campaign, with the deadline pushed back until October 5.
Arsenal have signed Willian and Gabriel Magalhaes, while Chelsea have confirmed the £90m arrival of Kai Havertz, having previously signed Thiago Silva, Malang Sarr, Ben Chilwell, Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech – with goalkeeper Edouard Mendy expected to follow this week.
Liverpool are biding their time in pursuit of Thiago Alcantara, while Real Madrid seem more determined that ever to move Gareth Bale on this summer. Could the former Spurs star be about to return to the Premier League?
It appears Tottenham are ready to do some serious business in the transfer market after their disappointing Premier League opener against Everton.
According to ESPN, a sensational move to bring Gareth Bale back to north London – seven years after his £85m transfer to Real Madrid – is well underway.
The 31-year-old has been frozen out of the first-team by Zinedine Zidane as the club attempt to offload Bale, who is thought to earn £500,000-a-week at the Santiago Bernabeu.
And while it seems unlikely Spurs would even be able to pay half of those wages, the report claims Tottenham are ahead of Manchester United in the race to bring Bale back to England.
Tottenham are closing in on the capture of Real Madrid full-back Sergio Reguilon, according to reports.
We told you earlier today that the 23-year-old was the subject of a transfer battle between Spurs and Manchester United after a return to Sevilla, where has been on loan, was ruled out.
The Athletic’s David Ornstein now claims a deal is close for the north London outfit to sign the left-back on a permanent deal, although the deal is yet to be completed.
It is believed Reguilon will cost somewhere in the region of £25m after an impressive loan stint with Europa League winners Sevilla.
Crystal Palace are hoping to beat Sheffield United to the loan signing of Liverpool starlet Rhian Brewster, Sky Sports are reporting.
The 19-year-old is set to head out on loan to a Premier League club for the 2020/21 campaign after catching the eye with Swansea last season.
Palace want to bolster their strikeforce despite already capturing Michy Batshuayi, while Sheffield United remain in the running to sign the England Under-21 international.
In case you needed official confirmation, here is Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang signing his new contract!
Closer inspection shows there appears to be actual writing on the paper, and not just blank for show. The icing on the cake.
Manchester United were reportedly edging closer to a deal for Sergio Reguilon but Tottenham have now entered the race for the Real Madrid defender.
The 23-year-old has caught the eye of several European clubs after impressing while on loan at Sevilla as they won the Europa League for a sixth time.
Reguilon is understood to favour a return to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan but with a deal yet to materialise, United are hoping to strengthen their options at left-back.
However, Spurs are keen to add another left-back to their ranks, with Danny Rose set to leave on a permanent basis, and The Telegraph report Jose Mourinho is keen to take the Spain international from his former club.
West Brom have announced the signing of former Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic on a free transfer.
The Serbia international returns to the Premier League after spending three years with Russian outfit Zenit St Petersburg.
The 36-year-old, who has signed a one-year deal at The Hawthorns to join Slaven Bilic’s squad, says he is relishing being back in the top flight after spending nine years at Chelsea.
“The Premier League is the best league in the world. I need to challenge myself and I am ready for the challenge. I am really happy to be back playing in the Premier League.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang insists that his Arsenal future was “never in doubt” after the striker signed a new three-year contract with the club.
The 31-year-old will remain in north London until 2023 on a deal worth £250,000-a-week and says he is confident the Gunners can achieve “big things”.
“Signing for this special club was never in doubt,” he told the club’s official website.
“It’s thanks to our fans, my team-mates, my family and everybody at this club that I feel like I belong here.
“I believe in Arsenal. We can achieve big things together. We have something exciting here and I believe the best is to come for Arsenal.”
Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has ended speculation surrounding his future by signing a new three-year contract.
Following months of negotiations, the 31-year-old agreed fresh terms worth £250,000 a week in a major boost to manager Mikel Arteta.
Aubameyang has scored 72 goals in 111 appearances since signing from Borussia Dortmund for £56million in January 2018, including two to beat Chelsea in last season’s FA Cup Final.
Speaking via Instagram Live, the Arsenal captain said:
“This is my home. I feel so good here. I signed da ting because I want to become an Arsenal legend and maybe leave a legacy.”
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has confirmed he has signed a new contract with Arsenal.
The club have posted a live video to their social media accounts which appears to the show the scene where Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will sign his new Arsenal contract.
Our Manchester football correspondent James Robson assesses how signing Gareth Bale instead of Jadon Sancho would impact Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s vision at Man United…
Gareth Bale signing for Manchester United is completely at odds with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s cultural reset.
But the Norwegian knows he cannot afford to head into another season without the top-class right winger he’s coveted since taking over at Old Trafford.
It was a hard ‘no’ from United when the prospect of ending Bale’s Real Madrid misery came up last summer. Yet little more than 12 months on, his ageing limbs another year older, the 31-year-old is back on the agenda.
Now he’s seen as a possibility – albeit purely on loan and with Real subsidising a weekly salary of more than £300,000-a-week. This was not what Solskjaer meant when outlining the need to build on the success of his first full season in charge.
Spurs preparing Milik deal
Tottenham are set to make an offer for Napoli striiker Arkadiusz Milik as Jose Mourinho looks for back-up for Harry Kane – but are they too late?
The Poland international has publicly revealed his intention to leave the club after rejecting a new contract, with a year left to run on his current deal.
The 25-year-old looked on course to join rivals Juventus only for Andrea Pirlo to replace Maurizio Sarri, thus ending their interest, but reports in Italy suggest Roma could win the race with a £25m move for Milik.
Despite this, Football Insider report Spurs remain interested in Milik and will offer him a contract worth £90,000-a-week to convince him to move to north London.
MAN UTD NEWS
Manchester United have reportedly decided against taking up their option to re-sign Memphis Depay from Lyon.
The Dutchman joined the Ligue 1 outfit in 2017 after struggling for the majority of his two-year spell at Old Trafford.
The 26-year-old has since become one of the most lethal attackers in Europe, scoring 57 goals in 104 appearances for Lyon and is on the verge of reuniting with former coach Ronald Koeman at Barcelona.
As part of the deal, The Express report United had first refusal on whether to bring back Depay but after turning down that opportunity, the forward is now free to head to Camp Nou.
Time to get excited, Arsenal fans!
The Gunners have changed their Twitter profile, hinting that an announcement is imminent by telling fans to “turn their notifications on”.
Could that be Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s new contract, or perhaps news on their pursuit of goalkeeper Runar Alex Runarsson.
Liverpool appear to be in no rush to secure the signing of Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara, talkSPORT report.
The 29-year-old is understood to be a target for the Reds as they look to defend their Premier League title.
But with Bayern reportedly unwilling to drop their £25m asking price, the Reds are happy to wait for the Spain international’s contract to run down, with Manchester United removing themselves from the running for his signature.
Barcelona’s summer clear-out is continuing at a rapid rate as director Carles Planes has confirmed Arturo Vidal will join Inter Milan.
The Chilean has only played a key role for the Catalans since arriving from Bayern Munich in 2018, scoring 11 goals in 96 appearances.
But the 33-year-old, who is out of contract in 2021, will bring an end to his time at Camp Nou by linking up with Antonio Conte at San Siro, signing a two-year deal in the process.
Tottenham endured a disappointing start to the new Premier League season with a 1-0 home defeat to Everton and that may have shown Jose Mourinho he needs new arrivals.
While Spurs have been linked with Crystal Palace striker Alexander Sorloth, who struck 29 goals for Trabzonspor on loan last season, Sky Sports say Bayer Leverkusen winger Leon Bailey is a target.
The Jamaica international, linked with both Man City and Chelsea in the past, made only 22 Bundesliga appearances last season but is expected to play a bigger role after Kai Havertz’s departure.
But the German club could be tempted to cash in on the 23-year-old should they receive a sizeable offer for Bailey, who is also wanted by Everton.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s long-running contract saga could be drawing to a close, with the Arsenal captain looking like he is going to be staying in north London.
Aubameyang’s future has been the subject of intense speculation in recent months, with his current contract set to expire in just nine months’ time.
Arsenal had risked losing the Gabon international for nothing instead of cashing in on the striker, but the 31-year-old is set to put pen to paper on a three-year, £250,000-a-week contract extension.
On August 15, the Gunners star tweeted a cryptic emoji of a time sand glass which was half full. Now, almost a month later, Aubameyang followed that up with another egg-timer – though this time, the sand has nearly run out.
Does this mean the deal is finally done? Watch this space.
MAN UTD NEWS
Manchester United are monitoring Valencia midfielder Uros Racic ahead of potential £28 million move this summer.
According to The Sun, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen to recruit another midfielder despite already signing Donny van de Beek from Ajax.
Racic, 22, has a relatively low profile in Spain after spending the past two seasons on loan at Tenerife in LaLiga2 and Famalicao in the Portuguese Liga.
The Serbian has a €100m release clause (£92m) written into his contract but the report claims Los Che would be willing to sell Racic for around £28m, which could appeal to the Red Devils.
Can’t see the Transfer news LIVE blog? Click here to access our desktop page.
When does the 2020 summer transfer window close?
The window is now open for 10 weeks from July 27.
Following consultation with the EFL, a domestic-only window will be added from 5 October, closing 5pm on 16 October.
During this window, Premier League clubs will only be able to trade with EFL clubs (either loans or permanent registrations). No transfers can take place between Premier League clubs in this period.