The window officially opened last week after the completion of the delayed 2019-2020 Premier League season. Premier League clubs will now be busy tweaking their squads ahead of the new campaign, with the window scheduled to close on October 5.
Chelsea have already brought in the likes of Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner, stealing a march on their rivals, while the likes of Manchester United and Man City are making early progress on significant deals.
Arsenal and Tottenham can now offer European football to their targets, with the Gunners set to sign Willian on a free transfer and hoping Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang signs a new contract, while Tottenham will complete a deal for Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in the coming days .
Pirlo ‘to become Juve coach’
Well things look to have moved very fast on this front indeed. Andrea Pirlo wasn’t even quoted in that market I mentioned earlier on on the next Juventus head coach.
But in the last few minutes multiple reports in Italy have claimed he is in line to take the role and could be confirmed as early as tonight.
Arsenal and City Aouar front runners
L’Equipe say Arsenal and Manchester City are set to go head-to-head over the signing of Lyon star Houssem Aouar.
The 22-year-old is reportedly valued at £54million, with Lyon hoping to get somewhere close to that fee to help deal with the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS
Leeds set to seal Gelhardt deal
The Athletic say newly promoted Leeds United are set to wrap up a deal for Wigan’s Joe Gelhardt next week.
The highly-rated 18-year-old is one of the Latics’ prize assets being sold off this summer by administrators, after the club’s points deduction saw them relegated to League One.
Coutinho ‘agrees personal terms’
Spanish outlet Catalan Sport claim Arsenal have agreed personal terms with Philippe Coutinho ahead of a possible loan move.
The Brazilian is available this summer as Barcelona look to shift at least a portion of his wages of their hefty payroll.
Sanchez ‘hungry’ for Inter success
Alexis Sanchez says he has “found a family” at Inter Milan and spoken of his desire to bring success back to the Italian giants, after ending his nightmare spell at Manchester United.
“I’m really happy to be staying here with you, Inter fans,” Sanchez told Inter’s website. “I’ve found a family here, and the staff are great.
“[It’s] a group where there’s a real desire to win something big. People here want to fight together as a team to give the club the success it deserves.
“I’m hungry and I want to win – my goal is to make all our fans happy. I’m here to win, and I’m happy that I’m staying here at Inter!”
Pochettino favourite to take Juve job
Betfair have produced an early market of the contenders to take over from Maurizio Sarri at Juventus…
CRYSTAL PALACE NEWS
Palace set to miss out on Eze
Crystal Palace look destined for disappointment in their pursuit of Eberechi Eze.
Standard Sport understands that the Eagles saw an offer worth in the region of £12m rejected last week, with QPR valuing the talented winger at around the £20m mark.
The Rs hope to drive up the fee with West Ham and West Brom also interested in Eze, but The Sun now report that QPR won’t budge with regards to that price, which Palace refuse to meet.
Jorginho’s Chelsea future
Already plenty of discussion on social media as to what Maurizio Sarri’s Juventus departure could mean for the future of Chelsea midfielder Jorginho.
The pair worked together closely at both Napoli and Stamford Bridge, with numerous reports over recent months linking them with another reunion in Turin.
Could this latest news now point to Jorginho – who is suspended for tonight’s Champions League last-16 second-leg tie against Bayern Munich – remaining at Chelsea this summer?
Bournemouth appoint Tindall as Howe successor
Speaking of managerial changes, Bournemouth have nlw confirmed the appointment of Jason Tindall as Eddie Howe’s successor.
The 42-year-old made nearly 200 appearances for the Cherries as a player and later served as assistant manager under both Jimmy Quinn and Howe, who left his post earlier this month following Bournemouth’s relegation from the Premier League.
“It’s an honour and a privilege to be the manager of such a great football club,” Tindall told afcbTV.
“Given the success of the club over the last 12 years, with Eddie in charge and me by his side, I’m not going to come in and rip everything up and start again. I would be a fool to do that.
“But I’m my own person with my own ideas and I will be looking to implement them as soon as we get back on the training ground.
“I know the Championship is a very tough league but my aim is to get this club back into the Premier League at the first time of asking.
“This is a challenge that I feel I’m ready for and one I’m looking forward to.”
Official: Juventus sack Maurizio Sarri
Here’s our full story on Juventus’ dismissal of Maurizio Sarri, which has now been officially confirmed by the club….
Juventus have swiftly sacked head coach Maurizio Sarri following the club’s disappointing Champions League last-16 exit.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored twice for the Bianconeri in a 2-1 win over French side Lyon in Turin on Friday night, but that result ultimately was not enough to overturn a 1-0 first-leg deficit as Memphis Depay’s early penalty ensured the visitors went through to the quarter-finals on away goals.
Juventus reacted to that surprise elimination by moving to dismiss manager Sarri less than 24 hours later.
The 61-year-old originally left Chelsea after only one year to take charge at the Allianz Stadium on a three-year contract in June 2019 and guided Juve to a record ninth consecutive Serie A title, with his side finishing a point clear of Antonio Conte’s Inter Milan.
However, the club lost to Napoli on penalties in the final of the Coppa Italia as well as making an early exit from the Champions League, with speculation over Sarri’s future circulating constantly over recent weeks.
Former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has been heavily linked with the Juventus job as he looks to get back into football management nine months on from his Spurs exit, while Conte is also rumoured to be a contender amid huge doubts over his tenure at Inter.
Former Juve star and current Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has also been mentioned in connection with the post, along with Lazio’s Simone Inzaghi.
Pochettino to Juve?
Still no official follow up from Juventus on Sarri’s future, but it’s not surprising to see Mauricio Pochettino’s name already trending heavily across social media.
The former Tottenham boss has been touted as Sarri’s successor in several reports over recent months, while Real Madrid chief Zinedine Zidane, Lazio’s Simone Inzaghi and Inter Milan coach Antonio Conte have also been linked with the job.
Juventus sack Sarri
Breaking news from Italy that Serie A champions Juventus have reportedly parted company with manager Maurizio Sarri after last night’s Champions League last-16 exit at the hands of Lyon.
More on that story to come shortly.
Tottenham willing to sell Aurier or Foyth to sign Celik
Tottenham appear very eager to sign Zeki Celik this summer.
And according to The Telegraph, they are willing to offload one of two players in order to help make space for the Lille right-back.
The report states that Spurs are prepared to sell either Serge Aurier – who has been attracting strong interest from AC Milan – or Juan Foyth to sign Turkey international Celik.
PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS
Leeds confident over Bielsa extension
Leeds are not at all concerned over the contract situation of manager Marcelo Bielsa, report The Athletic, who state it’s a when, not an if, that a deal will be signed.
After guiding Leeds to promotion to the Premier League, the enigmatic manager’s deal with the club came to an end.
The Athletic report the formalities of a new
MAN UTD NEWS
Borussia Dortmund believe Jadon Sancho’s Manchester United transfer saga is a win-win for the club, report Bild.
Dortmund want a deal worth £108m for the 20-year-old and have set a deadline of August 10 for an agreement to be reached.
But are happy to keep Sancho should United not stump up the cash, meaning they won’t lose out in either scenario.
Jorginho is most at risk and the Telegraph report that the Italian will be offered to clubs, with another reunion with Maurizio Sarri an option.
The likes of Emerson Palmeri, Marcos Alonso and Danny Drinkwater are all at risk.
An update from the earlier quotes from Tahith Chong’s agent Erkan Alkan as the Manchester United winger is in discussions over a loan move to Werder Bremen.
The 20-year-old signed a new deal at Old Trafford in March, but his long-term future remains uncertain after failing to establish himself in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s plans.
Despite handing him a two-year extension, Solskjaer is looking for a steep improvement in the Dutchman before fully integrating him into United’s first team. A loan move was always likely next season in a bid to get Chong regular football.
Bremen have emerged as leading contenders, with Chong said to be keen to follow in the footsteps of other young Premier League stars by making a move to Germany.
Torreira to consider Arsenal future
Arsenal midfielder Lucas Torreira has admitted he needs to seriously think about his future amid links to AC Milan.
“I have to think thoroughly about my future. I have a contract with Arsenal and I have to respect it,” the midfielder told Uruguayan radio station Sport 890.
“Obviously, if I were to leave, I would do it for the best possible destination. We have to be calm and wait.”
“Last season I played continuously, this one less so,” he continued.
“This year has been more complicated: I have lost continuity and confidence. I do not like this. At this age I need to play to be called up for the national team.
“Transfer rumours? I don’t know anything right now. I need to rest because it was a very long season, I got injured, then there was the coronavirus.
“I have a contract with Arsenal, but if I have to change in the future it will be a decision I make for my own good.
“Every player looks for a team where he feels important. We will see what happens in the future.”
Tottenham eyeing up Emerson
Tottenham are interested in signing Barcelona right-back Emerson this summer, according to Diario de Sevilla.
With Serge Aurier reportedly in talks with AC Milan, Jose Mourinho is looking to bring a right-back to the club during the window.
The report claims Tottenham have already made contact with the Brazilian who has spent the last two season on loan at Real Betis.
Barcelona have shared ownership with the Spanish club, however, which could potentially make a move more challenging.
It’s well documented that Liverpool are not likely to make huge signings this summer.
However, that does not mean Jurgen Klopp will not add to his squad – and young Brazilian Talles Magno has been linked with a move to Anfield.
According to reports in the Brazil, Liverpool have enquired about the 18-year-old Vasco de Gama, who is said to have a release clause of £45m.
Can’t see the Transfer news LIVE blog? Click here to access our desktop page.
When does the 2020 summer transfer window close?
The window is now open for 10 weeks from July 27.
Following consultation with the EFL, a domestic-only window will be added from 5 October, closing 5pm on 16 October. During this window, Premier League clubs will only be able to trade with EFL clubs (either loans or permanent registrations). No transfers can take place between Premier League clubs in this period.
Chelsea will push ahead with moves for Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz and remain interested in Leicester City’s Ben Chilwell, while Manchester United are also expected to be busy this summer.
Jadon Sancho remains Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s number one target, and a deal should be completed if Man United can negotiate a compromise on the £100m-plus valuation Dortmund has for the England international.