The window officially opened in July after the completion of the delayed 2019-2020 Premier League season. Clubs will now be busy tweaking their squads ahead of the new campaign, with the deadline pushed back until October 5.
Arsenal have signed Willian and Gabriel Magalhaes, while Chelsea have confirmed the £90m arrival of Kai Havertz, having previously signed Thiago Silva, Malang Sarr, Ben Chilwell, Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech – with a new goalkeeper expected to follow.
Liverpool want Dortmund wonderkid
Liverpool are keeping table on Borussia Dortmund forward Gio Reyna, according to the Mirror.
At just 17 years old, he made 18 appearances, scoring once, for Dortmund last season and looks to have an exciting future.
It’s not a rumour any longer!
Tottenham Women are closing in on the sensational loan signing of two-time World Cup winner Alex Morgan in what will be a huge coup for the club and the Women’s Super League.
Morgan, 31, is expected to join the north London side on a short-term deal until the end of the year, in a move that would see her in action for the first time professionally since the birth of her daughter, Charlie, in May.
Morgan, who plays for Orlando Pride, will join up with two familiar faces with teammates Shelina Zadorsky and Alanna Kennedy having already agreed loan deals with Spurs.
Morgan will use the loan to build-up match fitness ahead of the Olympics in Tokyo next year.
And Tottenham will be a familiar sight for Morgan, who trained there with the US national team last year ahead of the 2019 World Cup in France.
She infamously celebrated by pretending to sip tea after scoring in the USNWT’s semi-final victory over England.
It will be the second time that Morgan has spent a loan spell in Europe. In 2017 she joined Lyon in a successful short-term deal that saw her win the league championship, French Cup and the Champions League.
Morgan linked with sensational Spurs move
Tottenham fans want a striker, and it looks as though their women’s team are going to secure one of the very best in the world.
Fulham seal Aina deal
Fulham have completed the loan signing of Ola Aina from the Torino for the 2020-21 season.
The Cottagers will have an option to buy the wing-back at the end of the campaign.
Aina rose through the ranks at Chelsea before moving to Italy, and the 23-year-old is delighted to back in London.
“I feel very excited and privileged to be able to play for a club like this,” Aina told Fulham’s in-house TV channel.
“It feels amazing to be back closer to my family, back in the capital where I was born and raised.
Real Madrid’s Brahim Diaz aiming for Scudetto at AC Milan
Brahim Diaz aims to help new club AC Milan compete for the Scudetto this season following his loan move from Real Madrid.
The attacking midfielder saw his opportunities limited at Real following a transfer from Manchester City in January 2019 and has now joined the Italian giants on a season-long deal.
Brahim, who made his debut in a friendly against Monza earlier this month but was unveiled officially on Friday, said: “I have been impressed by the people and the fans. The welcome has delighted me.
“This club should be aiming for the Scudetto (the Serie A title), not just returning to the Champions League. The signing of [Sandro] Tonali and the fact that [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic is staying are good signs.”
Click here for the full story.
Koeman pins his hopes on Messi
Barcelona coach Ronald Koeman hopes to have Lionel Messi on peak form in 2020-21 after the Argentine attacker decided to stay at the Catalan club.
Messi told Barca in August that he wanted to leave this summer, but ultimately opted to remain at Camp Nou at least one more year and he will be key to the club’s hopes of success this season.
“I have said several times already that Messi is the best [in the world] and Messi, when he is in shape physically, is such an important player,” the Dutchman said on Friday.
“He has shown that over many years and let’s hope he can repeat it this year.”
Click here for the full story.
CRYSTAL PALACE NEWS
Expert view: Alan Smith on Crystal Palace
Fair play to Palace for trying to address the big problem. As the Premier League’s second-lowest scorers last season, Roy Hodgson simply had to introduce more oomph in attack. The return of Michy Batshuayi on loan from Chelsea should partly help. The striker looked sharp in his first spell at Selhurst Park. Eberechi Eze, in turn, offers the unexpected in a very entertaining way. That kind of excitement has been sadly lacking in a team suffering from Wilfried Zaha’s inconsistency.
ICYMI: Aouar wants to leave Lyon
Reported Arsenal target Houssem Aouar has expressed his desire to leave Lyon, according to L’Equipe.
Arsenal have reportedly seen an opening offer for the midfielder turned down with Lyon sticking to their £55m valuation.
The Gunners have remained in talks with the player’s agent and according to L’Equipe, Aouar could now attempt to force his way out of the club.
Chelsea reject Kante offers
Chelsea have rejected bids from Inter Milan for midfielder N’Golo Kante, according to The Guardian.
Inter have tried to tempt Chelsea into a deal that could include either Marcelo Brozovic or Christian Eriken going in the opposite direction.
But the Blues are adamant the midfielder will not be sold.
MAN UTD NEWS
Man United set to sign City youngster
Manchester United’s impressive youth recruitment drive looks set to continue with the club set to sign Manchester City youngster Charlie McNeil.
ESPN report the 17-year-old striker is poised to complete his move to Old Trafford in a move that could end up costing the club £1.5m.
United have also reportedly signed Atletico Madrid starlet Alejandro Garnacho on a five-year deal.
PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS
Fofana drops cryptic Leicester hint
Saint-Etienne defender Wesley Fofana is making no secret of his desire to join Leicester.
The Foxes have reportedly made a £26.8 million bid for the defender and judging from his comments, we reckon he’s a bit keen.
“My decision is made: I will accept an offer. Leicester? Yes. I have always dreamed of playing in England. It is not a whim”, he said. “I’d be crazy to say no to Leicester. That contract can change my life.”
Jurgen Klopp has refused to rule out a Liverpool move for Thiago Alcantara, insisting he “cannot end speculation” linking the Bayern Munich midfielder with a move to Anfield.
The Reds’ interest in the Spain international, who is available for a cut-price fee as he nears the end of his contract, has resulted in one of the summer’s most intriguing transfer sagas.
For their part, Reds officials insist departures in midfield would be necessary before any such high-profile signing is made.
But, when asked about the possibility of Thiago arriving on Merseyside at his latest press conference, Klopp did not take a chance to completely quash the rumours.
He said: “If I would invent now a word that would end speculation I think I could become really rich. I cannot end speculation as long as the transfer window is open, so that’s all I can say about that.
“Did I mention that Thiago Alcantara is a really good player long ago? It’s nice that we are linked with him but that’s pretty much all really, it’s because he’s a good player, Liverpool’s a big club, so that’s nice.
“But apart from that, really nothing to say about it. Maybe good for you I cannot end the speculation!”
Jose Mourinho believes Tottenham will sign a striker this summer as he has told Daniel Levy he “wants” and “needs” one.
Former Spurs striker Freddie Kanoute represents RB Salzburg striker Daka and informed his old club that his client wants to stay in Austria for the coming season.
Meanwhile, Napoli have set an asking price of around €30million (£27.6m) for Milik, which is understood to be beyond what Spurs are willing to pay for a player with just one year left on his contract.
Mourinho told reporters: “Yes, I want, I need a striker,” Mourinho told reporters.
“But I want to make it very, very clear that the club – the structure above me – knows that I need a striker and also wants a striker.
“Are we going to get one? I honestly believe so.”
Arteta responds to Auba contract talk
Having started the season by beating Liverpool on penalties in the Community Shield, Arsenal begin their Premier League campaign against Fulham on Saturday, with the club set to confirm star striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has penned a new three-year deal in north London.
“I can say that I am even more confident than I was at the end of last season,” Arteta said of his situation. “I am really optimistic.”
Arsenal still active in transfer window, says Arteta
Mikel Arteta says Arsenal are “still active” in the transfer market but has warned fans it will take more than a couple of windows to get the squad he wants to take the Gunners back to the top.
Arsenal have already signed Willian on a free transfer as well as Gabriel Magalhaes from Lille while Dani Ceballos will spend another season on loan at The Emirates. Furthermore, Arteta now has William Saliba available after the defender spent last season on loan back at Saint-Etienne.
However, the Spaniard still has plenty of work to do with his now rather swelled squad. There are a number of players to be moved on – Emiliano Martinez, Lucas Torriera and Matteo Guendouzi are just a few of the names the Gunners are looking to sell.
They’re not finished when it comes to additions either, as they look to press ahead with deals for either Thomas Partey or Lyon’s Houssem Aouar.
“We are still active in the market,” Arteta said. “We are looking at different options. We are active in the market with players in and out, at the moment the squad balance is not ideal and what we want to achieve.
“There is still some work to do but we have to bear in mind the complications of this market. The complexity and as well the timing because you can see that clubs are behaving in many different ways and it is a bit uncertain how this is going to evolve in the next few weeks.
“Number-wise, some positions are overbooked [in the squad]. Some others are in terms of the specific qualities we need, they are still not there. It is going to be very difficult to achieve what we want in one or two windows. It is a process, it has to be evolving and most importantly it has to be a sustainable model that we can consistently fit in, as well of course using our academy players.”
Rice next for Chelsea?
Surely Mendy will be the last piece of business for Chelsea this summer? Maybe not. Fabrizio Romano adds the club could move onto Declan Rice once the deal for the goalkeeper is wrapped up.
Frank Lampard has identified Rice as one of his top summer targets, seeing him as a possible centre-back option to strengthen the Chelsea defence.
The Hammers recently dismissed reports they have received a £50million bid for Rice from Chelsea and are determined to keep hold of the England international.
Chelsea make new bid for Mendy
Chelsea have submitted a new offer for Edouard Mendy within the last few hours, according to Fabrizio Romano.
Chelsea are confident of wrapping up the deal today with personal terms already agreed.
MAN UTD NEWS
Sancho tells Solskjaer he wants move
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has had several conversations with Jadon Sancho and is confident the move is edging closer.
That’s according to Norwegian outlet Dagbladet, who claim Sancho has told the United boss he wants to join his side.
Dagbladet also add United have ambitions of completing a deal for the Borussia Dortmund star before their opening game of the season against Crystal Palace on September 19.
Scott Parker insists the signing of goalkeeper Alphonse Areola does not mark the end for Marek Rodak at Fulham.
Rodak was thrown into Parker’s side in October last season and did not look back as he kept 15 clean sheets and established himself as one of the best goalkeepers in the division.
The arrival of Areola from Paris Saint-Germain, however, raises a question mark over his future but Parker insists the No1 spot is up for grabs.
“Areola coming brings competition which is needed in one of the best leagues in the world,” said Parker. “What’s vital for us to be successful this year is competition. They’ll push each other. We’ve got two very good keepers and that’s exactly what I need.”
Fulham last night confirmed their fifth signing ahead of the new season by bringing in Kenny Tete joining from Lyon and they will not stop there, with Ola Aina set to join on loan from Torino.
Can’t see the transfer news LIVE blog? Click here to access our desktop page.
When does the 2020 summer transfer window close?
The window is now open for 10 weeks from July 27.
Following consultation with the EFL, a domestic-only window will be added from 5 October, closing 5pm on 16 October.
During this window, Premier League clubs will only be able to trade with EFL clubs (either loans or permanent registrations). No transfers can take place between Premier League clubs in this period.