Time is running out for Premier League sides to make changes to their squad for the 2020-21 season, with just six days remaining in the window.
So far, Chelsea have put the rest to shame with eight new additions while Tottenham have made a statement of intent of their own in re-signing Gareth Bale – with Sergio Reguilon also arriving from Real Madrid.
Arsenal have also been busy, and are targeting Lyon captain Houssem Aouar and Thomas Partey in what could be a dramatic finish to the transfer window.
WEST HAM NEWS
Cole: Stones would be loved at West Ham
Former West Ham striker Carlton Cole has suggested that the club should move for Manchester City defender John Stones.
The Hammers are known to be in the market for a centre-back but have been unable to prize James Tarkowski away from Burnley, while Leicester look set to win the race for St. Ettienne’s Wesley Fofana.
Stones started Man City’s first Premier League game of the season but was dropped for Sunday’s defeat to Leicester, with Eric Garcia instead partnering Nathan Ake.
With Aymeric Laporte sure to start upon his return to fitness and Benfica’s Ruben Dias about to arrive in a £65million deal, Stones looks unlikely to feature on a regular basis.
“He could come to West Ham, we’d love him here, David Moyes would have him,” Cole told TalkSPORT.
PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS
Leeds close on Bayern midfielder
The Athletic say Leeds have agreed a deal with Bayern Munich to sign midfielder Michael Cuisance.
The Frenchman was a £9million signing from Borussia Monchengladbach last summer and the report suggests Leeds will pay around £20m for his services, with Bayern possibly including a heft buy-back clause.
Torreira agent ‘in Madrid’
Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano says Lucas Torreira’s agent is in Madrid discussing a possible deal to take the Uruguayan to Atletico.
The midfielder is one of several players Arsenal are looking to move on in the final days of the window but the Gunners are keen to see him go on a permanent deal to raise funds which will be key in their pursuit of the likes of Thomas Partey and Houssem Aouar.
Rudiger also missing for Chelsea
Alli is not the only notable absentee from tonight’s tie between Tottenham and Chelsea.
Blues defender Antonio Rudiger – who today has been linked with a surprise move to Spurs – has also been left out of the match day squad.
Alli left out of Tottenham squad
The teams are in for Tottenham’s meeting with Chelsea in the Carabao Cup this evening and there’s no Dele Alli in Jose Mourinho’s side as speculation continues over his future.
Mr Mourinho was not in a particularly talkative mood when asked about his absence either.
“There’s no Dele Alli, there’s no Son and there’s no Lo Celso,” he told Sky Sports. “I’m not going to speak about the players who are not here.”
Dortmund ‘reject Sancho bid’
It’s all happening now. Sky Sports are reporting that Borussia Dortmund have rejected an offer from Manchester United worth upto €100million for Jadon Sancho.
They claim the bid consisted of €80m up front with a further €20million in add-ons.
MAN UTD NEWS
Dembele to United and Depay to Barca?
Spanish outlet Dario AS say that Manchester United’s proposed move for Ousmane Dembele holds the key to Barcelona’s hopes of signing Memphis Depay.
Dembele has been mooted as an alternative to Jadon Sancho and the report claims Barca would be willing to part ways with the Frenchman for a fee of around €50-60million.
That would represent a huge loss on a player they paid more than twice that for but would remove a significant wage off their bill.
Selling Demeble would then give Barca the scope to sign Depay, who excelled under Ronald Koeman for the Dutch national side.
WEST HAM NEWS
Leicester make Fofana bid
Sky Sports News are reporting that Leicester have made a £30million bid for St. Etienne star Wesley Fofana.
The centre-back had also been linked with West Ham, who are looking to strengthen in the position having so far failed in their pursuit of Burnley’s James Tarkowski.
Sancho OUT of Munich trip
Jadon Sancho has not travelled with the rest of the Borussia Dortmund to Munich for tomorrow’s Super Cup clash with Bayern because of a respiratory problem.
In a tweet, the club confirmed that both Sancho and goalkeeper Roman Burki are suffering with the problem but tested negative for Covid-19 yesterday.
PSG to rival Spurs to Rudiger?
Earlier on today we brought you reports that Tottenham were considering a shock move for Antonio Rudiger, who looks to be on his way out of Chelsea.
According to Sky Sports they will face competition from PSG, though the French champions may choose to prioritise improving their midfield, even having lost Thiago Silva at centre-back.
MAN UTD NEWS
Spanish outlet AS have more details on that news of Manchester United’s striker pursuit…
They claim that Cavani would be United’s preferred option but he is likely to be far more expensive, even as a free agent, because of his wage.
Madrid are said to be willing to let Jovic leave on loan, but have offers from three clubs in Italy and want to send him to wherever he will get the most playing time. Given Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood at his disposal, that may not be at Old Trafford.
MAN UTD NEWS
United ‘looking for striker’
Now then, Manchester United fans. Gianluca Di Marzio says the club are keen on bringing in another striker before next week’s deadline, with Luka Jovic and Edinson Cavani the names on their list.
Cavani is a free agent having left PSG when his contract expired at the end of last season.
Jovic, meanwhile, is out of favour at Real Madrid and the report claims talks are underway over a possible loan move.
MAN UTD NEWS
Reus: Sancho will stay at Dortmund
Borussia Dortmund captain Marco Reus has confirmed that he expects Manchester United target Jadon Sancho to stay at the club for another season.
The German giants set an August 10 deadline for a deal to be agreed and have been firm in their stance but there is still speculation that United could make a late move before next week’s transfer deadline.
“For us players that was great news,” Reus told Sky Germany. “We all were happy that he will be with us for the season.
“Also because he delivers scorer points for the team. Goals, assists – in the end that translates to a lot of points.
“He is an essential player for us. If he will be as great of a player as Ronaldo and time will tell. He needs a little bit of time, many experiences.
“There will surely be phases in his career where things will not go as smoothly as now, and we will see how he is going to deal with something like that. But I believe that he has the confidence and of course the quality to do that.”
City must sell Zinchenko to sign Tagliafico
The Telegraph say that Manchester City are only likely to move for Ajax full-back Nicolas Tagliafico if they can move on Oleksandr Zinchenko.
The Ukrainian has often been called upon to deputise at left-back by Pep Guardiola, largely because of Benjamin Mendy’s persistent injury problems.
Mendy’s struggles mean Guardiola is interested in signing another specialist full-back, with Argentina international Tagliafico one possible target.
WEST HAM NEWS
Hammers keen on Coufal
West Ham are interested in signing Slavia Prague right back Vladimir Coufal, according to The Guardian.
First choice right back Ryan Fredericks will be out until after the international break after picking up an injury in the win over Wolves and the Hammers are short of cover in the position, with 20-year-old academy graduate Ben Johnson next in line.
Juve to make Chiesa move?
Correire claim Juventus are preparing a £45million move for Fiorentina striker Federico Chiesa in the final days of the window.
The forward, who is the son ex-Italy international Enrico, scored seven goals last season and has been linked with AC Milan.
The report suggests, however, that Fiorentina want more than £60million for the 22-year-old.
MAN CITY NEWS
City back four ‘in disarray’ despite Guardiola spend
Former Tottenham midfielder Jamie O’Hara believes Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola is fortunate not to have been sacked over his failure to improve his defence.
Guardiola’s men were beaten 5-2 at home by Leicester on Sunday, with three members of his back four conceding penalties.
Nathan Ake (the only one not to) was brought in earlier this summer in a £41million, while Ruben Dias’ imminent arrival from Benfica will take Guardiola’s spending on defenders beyond £400m during his tenure.
“Any other manager would probably have got the sack after spending £400m on defenders and having a back four that’s in disarray as Man City’s is,” O’Hara said on talkSPORT.
“The best signings they’ve made have been Benjamin Mendy and Aymeric Laporte, the problem is they’re been injury prone; they’ve been brilliant signings but they’ve not been able to keep them fit.
“The problem is they’ve never replaced Vincent Kompany. As soon as Kompany left I said, ‘if they don’t replace him they’re going to really struggle’, and they haven’t. They thought they could get away with not replacing him and it’s cost them, big time.”
Inter plotting busy end to window
Reports in the Italian press suggest Inter Milan could be looking to sign as many as four players before the transfer window shuts next week, with Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante their main target.
Tuttosport claim that Antonio Conte wants to strengthen in defence, with Chris Smalling and Matteo Darmian two options, and will also look to bring in former Arsenal winger Gervinho from Parma.
Spurs’ bid for Skriniar alternative turned down
Tottenham have seen their €25million (£22.7m) bid for Roma defender Roger Ibanez turned down, according to II Mssaggero.
Ibanez signed an 18-month loan move with an obligation to buy last January from Atalanta, with the purchase fee set at €10m.
Spurs have reportedly offered €25m for the centre-back, asking Roma to spend that €10m immediately and make an instant €15m profit, an offer reportedly turned down.
PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS
West Brom re-sign Krovinovic
West Brom have re-signed Benfica midfielder Filip Krovinovic on another season-long loan deal.
The Croat played a pivotal role in the Baggies’ promotion from the Championship last season, featuring 43 times.
Can’t see the Transfer news LIVE! blog? Click here to access our desktop page.
When does the 2020 summer transfer window close?
The window is now open for 10 weeks from July 27.
Following consultation with the EFL, a domestic-only window will be added from 5 October, closing 5pm on 16 October.
During this window, Premier League clubs will only be able to trade with EFL clubs (either loans or permanent registrations). No transfers can take place between Premier League clubs in this period.