Sat. Sep 26th, 2020

Man Utd

News

Transfer news LIVE: Aubameyang to stay at Arsenal, Willian signs, Havertz to Chelsea, Hojbjerg to Tottenham

12 min read

Welcome to the Evening Standard‘s rolling transfer news and rumours live blog as the summer transfer speculation increases.

The window officially opened last week after the completion of the delayed 2019-2020 Premier League season. Premier League clubs will now be busy tweaking their squads ahead of the new campaign, with the window scheduled to close on October 5.

Chelsea have already brought in the likes of Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner, stealing a march on their rivals, while the likes of Manchester United and Man City are making early progress on significant deals.

Arsenal and Tottenham can now offer European football to their targets, with the Gunners set to sign Willian on a free transfer and hoping Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang signs a new contract, while Tottenham will complete a deal for Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in the coming days .

Live Updates

SPURS NEWS

2020-08-07T04:15:57.890Z

Hojbjerg to join Tottenham this weekend

Southampton midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg will complete his move to Tottenham this weekend, with Kyle Walker-Peters heading the other way.

Both deals have been kept separate but fees of £15million for the Dane and £12m for the English defender have been agreed.

Photo: PA

Hojbjerg will now discuss personal terms with Tottenham, which is expected to be a formality given the player’s desire to join Jose Mourinho’s team.

Mourinho has been an admirer of Hojbjerg for some months, with Spurs registering tentative interest in the 25-year-old during the January transfer window.

The Spurs boss is keen to bring in a more combative midfielder to allow his creative talents to flourish further forward, while Hojbjerg has been outspoken about his desire to play at a higher level.

Click here to read the full story.

CHELSEA NEWS

2020-08-07T04:10:58.253Z

Havertz coping with Chelsea speculation 

Kai Havertz is coping well with the pressure of links to Chelsea, reveals Bayer Leverkusen boss Peter Bosz. 

The youngster is understood to have told the German club of his desire to join the Blues, who believe they can agree a deal of around £70million.

Photo: Getty Images

“We are watching all this closely,” Bosz told DAZN and Goal. “Of 20 interview requests 18 want to speak with Kai. Then we must make sure he doesn’t go 18 times.

“He is an exceptional player, but even exceptional players can have a bad day. If we lose, he is always the first to be criticized, even if he didn’t play that badly.

Click here to read the full story.

ARSENAL NEWS

2020-08-07T04:06:48.163Z

Willian signs for Arsenal

Willian is said to have agreed a three-year deal worth £100,000 a week to join Arsenal.

Photo: AFP

As reported by Standard Sport this week, Arsenal were in the driving seat to sign the Brazil international on a free transfer with Chelsea only willing to extend his stay at Stamford Bridge by a further two years.

And now ESPN reports that a deal between Willian and Arsenal has been agreed.

Advertisement

ARSENAL NEWS

2020-08-07T04:01:11.293Z

Aubameyang to stay at Arsenal

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is set to sign a new three-year contract with Arsenal.

Photo: AFP
The Telegraph reports that the Gabon international is expected to agree terms on a new deal worth £250,000-a-week as the Gunners achieve arguably their main objective of the summer.
 

EUROPEAN NEWS

2020-08-07T00:00:00.000Z

Bale’s request to be left out explained 

Gareth Bale did, in fact, ask manager Zinedine Zidane to be left out of their Champions League squad to face Manchester City on Friday. 

However, while Zidane, speaking in his pre-match press conference, simply stated the Welshman “prefered not the play”, he stopped short of explaining why. 

Photo: Getty

Standard Sport understands Bale did ask to be left out of the travelling squad, but only because he has been ostracised in recent weeks and knew he would not play in Manchester.

Since lockdown, the former Tottenham attacker has played just 100 minutes across two appearances (one start) and did not feature in any of the final seven league games.

His request to be left in Madrid was not because he did not want to play, therefore, but in order to avoid a further 90 minutes watching from the sidelines when he knows his coach has no intention of using him. 

MAN CITY NEWS

2020-08-06T23:30:00.000Z

Lazio confident of Silva signing 

Lazio are growing ever more confident they will sign free agent David Silva this summer, report Sky in Italy. 

The Spaniard’s 10-year stay at City will come to an end following their Champions League campaign, having already played his final game domestically. 

Photo: Getty

And while negotiations were initially proving difficult, the report states Lazio believe they are coming towards a breakthrough. 

Silva holds the record for the player with the most Premier League appearances, wins and assists for City. 

His final game in blue could come on Friday when City welcome Real Madrid to the Etihad in their Champions League last 16 quarter-final second leg. 

Advertisement

ARSENAL NEWS

2020-08-06T23:01:00.000Z

Mkhitaryan ‘very happy’ to stay with Roma 

Henrick Mkhitaryan has revealed is “very happy” with the agreement in place that will see him stay with Roma for the 2020-21 season. 

The 31-year-old enjoyed a successful debut season in the Serie A, scoring nine goals and providing six assists in 29 league appearances. 

Mkhitaryan was due to return to Arsenal in June, but extended his one-year loan deal until the end of the season – which was prolonged due to the enforced break caused by the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic. 

Photo: Getty

Roma chief executive Guido Fienga then insisted he hoped Mkhitaryan would remain a Roma player “for a long time”,  and the midfielder has now revealed he’s “very happy” with the further extension, insisting he feels settled in Italy’s top tier. 

“In my opinion, I had a good season, despite the two injuries I had,” Mkhitaryan told UEFA’s official website. “I am in good shape right now, and I hope to keep everything this way.

“We have already reached an agreement with Roma for me to play for the club for another year, until summer 2021, which I am very happy about. I have felt at home since day one – in my football, on the pitch and off it.”

MAN CITY NEWS

2020-08-06T22:30:00.000Z

Alaba urged not to leave Bayern 

Former Ex-Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness believes any move away from the German champions would represent a step down for David Alaba. 

Manchester City are among a number of clubs linked with the defender of late, with just 12 months remaining on his contract. 

Former City star Leroy Sane has urged Alaba to stay at Bayern, while Chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge recently insisted he’s confident of the Austrian’s stay. 

Photo: Getty

“I can only say from my own experience that the last million is not that important,” he told DAZN and Goal. “He gets a secure job here, a lot of fun, home, a lot of love from the fans and acceptance, which he would have to work for at another club.

“There is no club that is as familiar, cosy and pleasant as FC Bayern. For him it would perhaps be a step forward financially, but in all other areas it would be a step backwards.

“And according to my feeling, at least the clubs he would like to go to have never knocked, fortunately. And that’s why I hope that he will stay.”

MAN UTD NEWS

2020-08-06T22:10:00.000Z

Ancelotti interested in Man Utd’s Dalot

Carlo Ancelotti is interested in bringing Manchester United full-back Diogo Dalot to Goodison Park this summer, claim The Mirror. 

The report states Dalot – who has struggled for game-time under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer – could be offloaded this summer to raise funds for any incomings. 

Photo: Getty

The 21-year-old – who was signed by Jose Mourinho back in 2018 – is behind Aaron Wan-Bissaka in the pecking order, and would likely find a similar situation at Everton. 

However, with Seamus Coleman now 31, Ancelotti reportedly believes the club need to find a long-term replacement, 

And the veteran manager believes Everton could secure Dalot for just £10million. 

Advertisement

ARSENAL NEWS

2020-08-06T21:50:00.000Z

Arsenal put Maitland-Niles up for sale

Arsenal have placed Ainsley Maitland-Niles on their transfer list, according to The Mirror, despite recently talking of his desire at the club. 

The 22-year-old has three years remaining on his contract and was buoyed after playing a starring role in Arsenal’s FA Cup triumph over Chelsea. 

Photo: Getty

The Mirror report the versatile youngster is highly rated by Mikel Arteta, but claim the club are open to his sale. 

Everton and Brighton are said to be interested in the Englishman, but Tottenham are also looking for a right-back with Serge Aurier closing in on an exit. 

Of course, a move to Arsenal’s north London rivals would be somewhat of a shock, however. 

2020-08-06T21:29:07.763Z

Gerrard: Morelos’ head has been turned

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard admits Alfredo Morelos has had his head turned amid links to Lille.

The forward is believed to have agreed terms with the French club, who have not yet come back with another offer after their initial £13million bid was knocked back last month. 

Morelos was substituted off as Rangers fell to a 4-1 aggregate defeat to Bayer Leverkusen on Thursday. 

Photo: Getty

And asked if Morelos will still be a Rangers player next week, Gerrard told “I don’t know because I can’t control what goes on outside.

“Everyone knows he’s had his head turned, for sure. There’s no denying that. We just move forward. My focus is on the team and the players who want to be here. My focus is certainly now on St Mirren.

“If a bid comes, and I’ll say it again, that the board like and are interested in and the player tells me face-to-face that he wants to go, then we’ll see what happens.”

EUROPEAN NEWS

2020-08-06T20:48:00.000Z

Bale ‘preferred not to play’ vs City

Zinedine Zidane has revealed Gareth Bale did not want to play in Real Madrid’s Champions League tie against Manchester City. 

The Welshman was left out of Los Blancos’ 24-man squad for the trip to Manchester, with the Spanish club looking to overturn a 2-1 deficit. 

Photo: Getty

Asked about Bale’s absence in the pre-match press conference on Thursday, Zidane said: “I’ll explain. Many things have been said. We have a respectful coach-player relationship, that’s clear.

“The only thing I can say is that he preferred not to play. Nothing more. The rest is between him and me.”

Asked again about the Welshman moments later, he said: “I have already responded. Nothing more.

“The rest is a conversation between the player and the coach which I’m not going to tell.”

Advertisement

LIVERPOOL NEWS

2020-08-06T20:27:49.626Z

Norwich unhappy with Liverpool’s Lewis offer

Norwich have been left unhappy by Liverpool’s bid for Jamal Lewis, according to Sky Sports. 

Photo: Getty

The Reds have tabled a £10million bid for the left-back in search of cover for Andy Robertson. 

The Canaries swiftly rejected the bid, however, with the offer reportedly just half of both what they are looking for and what they are confident of getting. 

Lewis has three years remaining on his contract and Norwich will not be forced to sell despite relegation from the Premier League. 

CHELSEA NEWS

2020-08-06T20:05:48.510Z

Jorginho agent denies Sarri talk 

The agent of Chelsea midfielder Jorginho has denied former Blues boss Maurizio Sarri has held talks with his former midfielder. 

The Brazilian has fallen down the pecking order at Chelsea this season, with The Telegraph stating the Blues will listen to offers to fund a move for Declan Rice. 

Photo: Getty

“Sarri has never called Jorginho personally to talk about Juventus,” agent Joao Santos told Radio Kiss Kiss.

“I know there’s talk in the papers, but we have never had direct contact with Sarri or even director of sport Fabio Paratici.

“When the directors Paratici and Marina Granovskaia find an agreement, if they find an agreement, then and only then can I talk about the situation.

“Everyone knows there is a very strong rapport between Sarri and Jorginho after five years working together, I’d be a hypocrite to deny that, but I also want to remind you that Jorginho has three years left on his Chelsea contract.”

CHELSEA NEWS

2020-08-06T19:42:50.170Z

Kai Havertz: Rangers Scout report

Kai Havertz was in action for Bayer Leverkusen this evening – but just how did the Chelsea target get on?

The versatile midfielder is at the top of Frank Lampard’s transfer wish list this summer, and he’s understood to have informed Leverkusen of his desire to join the Champions League-guaranteed Chelsea. 

Photo: Getty

While reports state he wants a move as soon as possible, Leverkusen remain adamant Havertz will not move before the end of their Europa League campaign, however, which will now continue against Inter Milan on August 10 after they beat Rangers 4-1 on aggregate. 

And Havertz certainly showed glimpses of just why Chelsea want him so badly.

To read the full report click here

Advertisement

2020-08-06T19:20:27.730Z

Blades Ramsdale bid: A hint on Henderson’s future? 

With Sheffield United reportedly submitting a £12 million bid for Aaron Ramsdale, it raises questions over the future of Dean Henderson.

The Englishman has spent the previous two seasons on loan with Chris Wilder’s side, and it was expected he would rejoin the Blades once more – despite currently being in negotiations with Manchester United over a new deal. 

However, with Sheffield United clearly on the hunt for a new keeper, and David de Gea struggling this season, perhaps there won’t be a third season at Bramall Lane.

PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS

2020-08-06T19:12:29.080Z

Bournemouth reject Blades’ Ramsdale bid 

Bournemouth have turned down bid in excess of £12million from Sheffield United for ‘keeper Aaron Ramsdale. 

The former England U21 international – who was names Bournemouth’s Play of the Year – signed from Sheffield United three years ago for just £1million. 

Bournemouth are reportedly looking for closer to £25million, which is what Everton paid for Jordan Pickford when he was a similar age. 

SPURS NEWS

2020-08-06T18:47:50.863Z

Here we go: Hojberg to Spurs moves closer; Ndomele talks continue 

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg’s imminent move to Tottenham is now just one step away from completion, reports Fabrizio Romano. 

The infamous “here we go” has now arrived, with personal terms now agreed. 

Just the final details remain before the former Saints captain will officially be a Spurs player. 

Meanwhile, Romano also claims Inter Milan are still in talks for Tanguy Ndombele, though an “agreement is not even close yet”. 

Advertisement

PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS

2020-08-06T18:27:50.606Z

Barca after Leicester’s Soyuncu

Barcelona are set to offer £36million for Leicester defender Caglar Soyuncu, reports NTV Spor. 

The centre-back impressed at the King Power Stadium this season, with the impact of Harry Maguire’s exit diminished by his fine performances. 

Barcelona are looking to bring in a central defender this summer, with Manchester City’s Eric Garcia also a target.

LIVERPOOL NEWS

2020-08-06T18:00:00.000Z

Liverpool bid £10m for Lewis 

Liverpool have made an offer of £10million for Norwich left-back Jamal Lewis, according to Sky Sports. 

The Canaries are reportedly looking for £20million, however, and with three years remaining on his contract, the recently relegated side believe they have some bargaining power. 

Sky Sports also report Norwich are interested in signing Yasser Larouci, and with Liverpool making him available, that could play a part in the deal.

Can’t see the Transfer news LIVE blog? Click here to access our desktop page.

When does the 2020 summer transfer window close?

The window is now open for 10 weeks from July 27.

Following consultation with the EFL, a domestic-only window will be added from 5 October, closing 5pm on 16 October. During this window, Premier League clubs will only be able to trade with EFL clubs (either loans or permanent registrations). No transfers can take place between Premier League clubs in this period.

Chelsea will push ahead with moves for Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz and remain interested in Leicester City’s Ben Chilwell, while Manchester United are also expected to be busy this summer.

Jadon Sancho remains Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s number one target, and a deal should be completed if Man United can negotiate a compromise on the £100m-plus valuation Dortmund has for the England international.

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.