The window officially opened in July after the completion of the delayed 2019-2020 Premier League season. Clubs will now be busy tweaking their squads ahead of the new campaign, with the deadline pushed back until October 5.
Arsenal have signed Willian and Gabriel Magalhaes, while Chelsea have confirmed the £90m arrival of Kai Havertz, having previously signed Thiago Silva, Malang Sarr, Ben Chilwell, Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech – with a new goalkeeper expected to follow.
CRYSTAL PALACE NEWS
Batshuayi: I feel like I’m home
Michy Batshuayi is expecting a lot of himself after returning to Crystal Palace.
The Chelsea striker has penned a contract extension with the Blues before returning to Palace on loan until the end of the season.
Batshuayi, who joins Nathan Ferguson and Eberechi Eze as Palace’s new additions this summer, spent the second half of the 2018-19 season at Selhurst Park, scoring six goals in 13 appearances.
The Belgian international has been sidelined at Chelsea since February and is desperate to deliver this season.
“I feel like I’m home now, so it’s good,” Batshuayi said. “But I need to do a good season here, to work a lot with my team-mates and I want to do my best here.
“It’s not my first time here. I know the team-mates, I know the gaffer, I know how the club works here. For me, it’s the best decision.
“I’m happy, the coach is happy, my team-mates are happy. Let’s get to work.”
Roy Hodgson has been keen to add goalscoring threat to his side this summer and is confident Batshuayi will deliver.
“I am very happy we have secured Michy on a season-long loan,” said the Eagles boss.
“He made a great impact at the club in his previous loan spell, albeit only five months long, displaying a goal scoring threat which we very much needed at that time and we are confident he will produce again.
“As a player who will help to convert our chances in to goals, Michy will be another valuable addition to the two new signings we have made this summer. It’s another boost for the players and fans alike, and I’m sure everyone will join me in saying welcome back Michy.”
Fulham sign Tete
Crystal Palace are not the only London club to get a deal over the line this evening.
Fulham have continued their post-promotion recruitment drive with the signing of Kenny Tete from Lyon.
The Dutch international right-back has signed a four-year contract at Craven Cottage that includes the option for a further 12 months.
The fee is officially undisclosed but believed to be around £3m.
“It is a great feeling. I feel blessed to be here,” Tete told FFCtv. “I cannot wait to start my new journey and meet my new team-mates.
“I heard of Fulham’s interest and I was bowled over. I spoke with people around me and knew quickly I wanted to leave Lyon and join Fulham.
“The team is back in the Premier League now and I will give 100 percent to keep us there.”
Former Chelsea defender Ola Aina is also expected to sign for Fulham shortly after a loan deal with an £11m option to buy was reportedly agreed with Torino.
Crystal Palace seal Batshuayi return
Crystal Palace have confirmed the signing of Michy Batshuayi on loan from Chelsea.
The Belgium international has sealed a move to Selhurst Park for the second time in his career, though confirmation of an expected 12-month contract extension with his parent club has not yet been forthcoming.
During his previous spell at Palace, Batshuayi bagged six goals in 13 appearances and Roy Hodgson is now looking to the 26-year-old to solve his side’s goalscoring woes.
The deal does however mean that Palace are unable to loan Blues midfielder Conor Gallagher, who had already undergone a medical with the Eagles, due to Premier League laws dictating that no club can loan two players from the same top-flight side.
Batshuayi becomes Palace’s third signing of the summer after right-back Nathan Ferguson and attacking midfielder Eberechi Eze.
Lampard denies Mount unhappy over Havertz deal
Frank Lampard has rubbished suggestions Mason Mount is unhappy about the £70million signing of Kai Havertz, writes Giuseppe Muro.
It was reported in Germany that Mount is unhappy about the increased competition at Stamford Bridge following the arrivals of Havertz and Hakim Ziyech.
But Lampard said: “I saw the story about Mason Mount. It was absolutely fabricated.”
The new signings at Chelsea do represent a challenge for academy graduates Mount, Tammy Abraham, Fikayo Tomori, Callum Hudson-Odoi and Reece James.
But Lampard has told them it is part and parcel of being at a club like Chelsea and wants them to embrace it.
Lampard said: “The way football is at a club like Chelsea, if you are a young player who has got a foot in and then the club brings in players around you that raise levels, the players should and hopefully will raise their levels and everybody improves.
“I will be fair when I pick the team. I do not pick the team on whether you came through the academy or not, I pick the team on how I think it should be picked on how they train and how we have been performing.”
Lampard provides Tomori update
Fikayo Tomori’s exit from Chelsea on loan is not imminent, according to manager Frank Lampard.
Reports over recent days suggested that the versatile young Blues defender would spend the 2020-21 campaign working under Carlo Ancelotti at Everton.
However, Lampard insists that no talks have progressed to such an advanced stage and said Tomori was in contention to feature for Chelsea during the early stages of the new campaign.
“With Fikayo, no, I’m not aware of those conversations getting to any point where I’m going to be talking about that,” he said.
“Fikayo trained with us today and is in contention for the Brighton game, and that’s where we’re at.
“There’s nothing specific I want him to improve, all I want him to do is work hard, show the work ethic he’s shown me at Derby and for major parts of last season.
“I hope every player knows at that point I’m fair in how I try to pick the team.
“With four centre-backs last year, two will be unhappy pretty much every week, it’s up to them to try and make a starting place their own, and those are just the rules at a club like Chelsea.”
Liverpool’s Woodburn set for latest loan exit
Liverpool youngster Ben Woodburn is set to seal a season-long loan move to Sparta Rotterdam, writes David Lynch.
The 20-year-old will spend the 2020-21 campaign in the Eredivisie as he attempts to move on from a frustrating period in his career.
Injuries have severely disrupted loan stints with Sheffield United and Oxford across the last two seasons, and it is hoped Woodburn can get back on track in the Netherlands.
He heads to Rotterdam on the recommendation of the Reds’ Dutch assistant coach, Pepijn Lijnders.
Woodburn first burst onto the scene in 2016, when he became Liverpool’s youngest ever goalscorer by netting against Leeds United in an EFL Cup tie at the age of just 17 years and 45 days.
Less than a year later, he enjoyed a dream international debut for Wales, scoring a 25-yard stunner to secure a late victory over Austria.
However, his career has since been characterised by struggles for regular football resulting from fitness issues, including breaking both feet in separate incidents while at Oxford last season.
The Wales international will hope to bounce back from those disappointments during his time with Sparta Rotterdam as they look to build on an 11th-placed finish in the Eredivisie last term.
Batshuayi not done yet – Lampard
Despite Michy Batshuayi’s hint earlier today, Chelsea boss says the striker’s move to Crystal Palace isn’t done. Yet.
He told a press conference: “With Michy it is an ongoing situation, not confirmed yet.”
Inter in for Seri?
There are plenty of incomings at Fulham this week but there could be someone leaving with Inter Milan reportedly considering a move for Jean Michael Seri.
Sky Sports repot Inter could turn their attention to him as an alternative to Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante.
Fulham are listening to offers for Seri as well as fellow central midfielder Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa.
CRYSTAL PALACE NEWS
Batshuayi poised to complete Palace return
Michy Batshuayi has completed his medical ahead of his loan move to Crystal Palace, according to Sky Sports.
And the Belgian has dropped a fairly decent hint on Twitter in the last few minutes…
WEST HAM NEWS
Noble has peace talks with West Ham after transfer row
West Ham captain Mark Noble has held peace talks with the Hammers board after hitting out at the club over the sale of Grady Diangana.
Noble spoke to co-owner David Sullivan and vice chair Karren Brady over the phone in an attempt to clear the air after he said he was “gutted, angry and sad” about the decision to sell Diangana to West Brom for £18million.
Noble spoke to Sullivan and Brady on Saturday, who explained the decision was made reluctantly. Sullivan explained they wanted to keep Diangana but needed the money to reinvest in the squad and help fund new signings for manager David Moyes.
Milik on Tottenham list
Napoli’s Arkadiusz Milik is also among Tottenham’s list of striker targets, football.london report.
The 26-year-old striker has just one year left on his contract with the Serie A side and while he has been linked with a switch to Juventus, Corriere dello Sport also report he is now looking outside of Italy for his next club.
A decent deputy for Harry Kane, Tottenham fans?
Arsenal offered Draxler in Guendouzi deal
Paris Saint-Germain are ready to offer Julian Draxler to Arsenal as a makeweight in a deal for Matteo Guendouzi, according to reports in France.
Arsenal are willing to offload Guendouzi as they bid to fund moves for Atletico Madrid’s Thomas Partey and Houssem Aouar, of Lyon.
The Gunners are also reluctantly ready to sell Hector Bellerin, with PSG leading the race to sign him.
MAN UTD NEWS
United target another La Liga talent
Manchester United’s youth recruitment drive from LaLiga could continue with the club enquiring into record-breaker Luka Romero.
Stretty News report the 15-year-old, who broke an 81-year record to become the Spanish top flight’s youngest ever player in June, is on United’s radar.
Already this summer, United have poached talents from Barcelona and Real Madrid in Alvaro Fernandez and Marc Jurado from Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively while reports suggest they have agreed a five-year deal to sign Alejandro Garnacho from Atletico Madrid.
Barcelona enter Bellerin race
Paris Saint-Germain are eager to sign Hector Bellerin from Arsenal this summer but Barcelona could also be in that particular race.
Diario Sport report Barca are keen to strengthen at right-back and are ready to replace Nelson Semedo this summer.
Bellerin, who left the Barca academy for the Gunners as a teenager, is the man they have identified to step in.
The report adds Barcelona’s sporting team have already met with Gunners sporting director Edu regarding a move and there is a belief that a deal can be done for between €20m-25m.
No offers for Umtiti
Barcelona are still to receive an offer for Samuel Umtiti.
Diario Sport report Barca are still waiting for interest in the Frenchman to warm up with the club eager to get him off their books.
MAN CITY NEWS
Man City lower Garcia asking price
Manchester City are asking for €18m for defender Eric Garcia amid interest from Barcelona, according to reports.
City are said to value the Spaniard at €40m but with just one year left on his deal at the Etihad and with the player informing the club he does not want to renew, that number has been revised.
Mundo Deportivo report Barcelona’s opening offer is set to be in the region of €15m.
MAN UTD NEWS
Another United midfielder set for loan exit
Manchester United midfielder James Garner is in talks over a move to Huddersfield on loan.
ESPN report the 19-year-old, highly-regarded at Old Trafford with seven first-team appearances under his belt, has been made available this season with the Terriers leading the way.
No Barca bid for Memphis, say Lyon
Lyon insist they have recieved no offer from Barcelona for Memphis Depay.
Reports on Wednesday claimed the Dutchman has agreed terms over a move to the Camp Nou to link up with fellow Dutchman Ronald Koeman.
But Lyon boss Rudi Garcia says they are still waiting on a bid. “Memphis played very well in our first league game.
“He then played two games for the Netherlands and that’s good because he needed those games. We now need to look after him and see what we can do with him for Friday.
“There’s no reason why he won’t be in the squad for the Bordeaux game. I have no news of any offer for him.”
Arsenal still in talks with Aouar agent
While Man City are also in the race, Fabrizio Romano reports Arsenal are preparing a new bid for Houssem Aouar having seen an opening offer of £31.2m turned down.
Arsenal remain in talks with the player’s agent ahead of an improved bid but Lyon are determined to hold out for £54m.
MAN UTD NEWS
United have other priorities before Reguilon
Manchester United continue to monitor Sergio Reguilon’s situation at Real Madrid.
United have been made aware of the left-back’s availability after a fine season on loan at Sevilla with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer a fan.
However, ESPN report United’s immediate priority is to strengthen their forward line.
Can’t see the transfer news LIVE blog? Click here to access our desktop page.
When does the 2020 summer transfer window close?
The window is now open for 10 weeks from July 27.
Following consultation with the EFL, a domestic-only window will be added from 5 October, closing 5pm on 16 October.
During this window, Premier League clubs will only be able to trade with EFL clubs (either loans or permanent registrations). No transfers can take place between Premier League clubs in this period.