Fri. Oct 30th, 2020

Man Utd

News

Porto reject Manchester United’s improved transfer offer for Alex Telles

2 min read
Manchester United target Alex Telles looks on during Porto's clash with Maritimo
Manchester United’s improved offer for Alex Telles has been rejected by Porto (Picture: Getty)

Porto have reportedly turned down the latest bid from Manchester United for Alex Telles.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen to bring in serious competition for Luke Shaw and Brandon Williams and Telles has emerged as the club’s top target at left-back after Tottenham beat them to the signing of Sergio Reguilon.

Telles has agreed personal terms over a move to Old Trafford but Porto have been playing hardball over his price and United’s hopes of reaching an agreement are fading, with just over a day remaining of the summer transfer window.

Alex Telles looks on during FC Porto's clash with Maritimo
The Brazilian is United’s priority target at left-back (Picture: Getty)

According to Sky Sports, Porto are holding out for a fee of £22million for Telles and United’s improved offer of £15.4m offer was swiftly rejected by the Primeira Liga outfit.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Porto are refusing to budge over their asking price for Telles, despite the fact the Brazil international could potentially leave for free when he contract expires next summer.

Telles played down rumours of an impending move to Old Trafford last month and insisted he was still fully focussed on Porto’s season when pressed on the recent speculation.

‘I’m a guy who focuses a lot on work, people believe what they want, say what they want in the newspapers, but the most important thing is to be focused on my work,’ the full-back told Sport TV.

‘You know that and so do my teammates, whatever happens, I’m focused on the club, I’m here, I’m playing.’

Asked if he’s closer to leaving than staying, Telles responded: ‘I have people who work for me, I just have to focus on what my job is.

‘If I knew anything, I wouldn’t need to have people working for me.

‘I have people who take care of that and I have to focus on my work.’

United look to have missed out on their priority attacking target, Jadon Sancho, but are expected to announce the arrival of Edinson Cavani on Monday.

The 33-year-old Uruguay striker will complete a free transfer to the Theatre of Dreams after his contract expired at Paris Saint-Germain earlier this summer.

‘It’s true,’ Cavani’s agent, Walter Guglielmone, told Inside Futbol.

‘There is an agreement [with Manchester United].’

MORE: Ryan Giggs backs ‘world star’ Edinson Cavani to thrive at Manchester United

MORE: Wayne Rooney criticises Aaron Wan-Bissaka and says Manchester United should target Tariq Lamptey

Advertisement

Advertisement

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.