Dybala and teammate Miralem Pjanic turned down the idea of a shock switch that could have taken Pogba back to Juventus in May, according to sources in Italy.
The 26-year-old also claimed that Tottenham and Paris Saint-German made contact with the reigning Serie A champions about his availability in 2019.
Paulo Dybala was a key star in Juventus’s title triumph last season and is discussing a new deal
The Argentina ace had been linked to a swap move involving Manchester United’s Paul Pogba
Juve chief football officer Fabio Paratici has now confirmed that discussions have begun on Dybala staying beyond the end of his current deal in 2022.
Paratici told Sky Sport Italia: ‘We’re in talks to extend Paulo Dybala’s contract. He wants to stay and we want to keep him. He’s part of our future. We’ll continue the negotiations to find an agreement.’
Dybala suffered four positive Covid-19 tests in six weeks in March and April, but started his first match in three months as Juventus drew 1-1 at home to Verona on Sunday.
Despite Dybala failing to score in the absence of Cristiano Ronaldo, who is currently quarantining after a positive test, Paratici believes Dybala’s health and injury concerns are behind him.
Juve’s Fabio Paratici spoke about Dybala before the club fought back to draw 1-1 with Verona
Paratici said: ‘Paulo is in better shape physically now, as let’s not forget that he was out for two months with a muscular injury, then had a gastrointestinal infection in Argentina.
‘It’s right that he now has the opportunity to start after a few run-outs. We are discussing the contract extension.
‘We certainly want to continue but it has been a tricky period because we were locked in the hotel for two weeks due to the Covid scare and not allowed to meet anyone. But we have been talking.’
Dybala scored 11 times in 33 appearances last season and came on as a substitute in the 2-0 Champions League win at Dynamo Kiev on Tuesday.
There had been talk of Pogba turning his back on United in a surprise return to his former club