Sat. Feb 27th, 2021

Man Utd

News

Manchester United fans all say the same thing about Hannibal Mejbri news

2 min read

Manchester United fans have been giving their reaction to the news that Hannibal Mejbri is being promoted to the first-team squad on a regular basis.

The 18-year-old midfielder has been rewarded for his impressive performances for Neil Wood’s under-23 side this season.

The news comes after 17-year-old attacker Shola Shoretire linked up with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad last week. Mejbri and Shoretire will join January signing – and fellow teenager – Amad in training with the United first team.

The trio will continue to play for the under-23s. Mejbri and Shoretire both started Friday night’s match against Arsenal at Leigh Sports Village but Amad did not feature and could make his senior debut at West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League on Sunday.

“The young kids, we’ve moved Shola up with us, Hannibal will join us and we’ll keep them with us for a while,” said Solskjaer at his pre-match press conference on Friday.

“It’s the next step in their development, we’ve got to take the hit that when they play for the reserves they have to travel by themselves. It’s a nice step for them, they’ve done really well.”

United signed Mejbri from Monaco for an initial fee of €5million (£4.3m), potentially rising to €10million (£8.7m), 18 months ago. Supporters were unanimously in favour of him being integrated into the senior squad, having liked what they have seen of him so far.

One said on Twitter: “Great news, a class act; not before time!”

Another tweeted: “Love seeing us put our time and faith into our youth players and development. Future looks really exciting for this club.”

Meanwhile, a third fan added: “Hope Ole gives him some minutes this season.”

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.