Tue. Sep 29th, 2020

Man Utd

News

Manchester United evening headlines as United accused over Thiago chase

3 min read

Shaw discusses Solskjaer instruction

Manchester United need to be more clinical in front of goal. That is the message that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is hammering home to his players, as revealed by Luke Shaw.

United lost 1-0 to Aston Villa in a behind-closed-doors friendly this weekend and wasted several excellent chances in the process. Shaw said that it is something that he and his teammates have struggled with.

“We’ve struggled a lot at that at times, when we create opportunities but sometimes we don’t find the back of the net,” Shaw told MUTV after the Villa game.

“The manager is really onto the players about that, he’s keen to brief that in training as someone who has the experience he has.

“We had a lot of players out today [Saturday], a lot of young lads who haven’t even trained with us but who have taken their chance. Hopefully we can get together on Monday and, like I said, we’d be ready for Palace.”

Thiago “blackmail” claim

Amid extensive interest from Liverpool and Manchester United throughout the summer, Uli Hoeness has claimed that the English pair are attempting to “blackmail” Bayern Munich into selling Thiago Alcantara on the cheap.

Thiago has a year remaining on his contract and has told the club he won’t be signing a new one. And now United are allegedly waiting to approach Bayern to get the best deal possible.

“We offered him a great four-year contract but in the last minute, he changed his mind and told us he wants a new challenge,” former Bayern chief Hoeness told Sport1 via Sports Mole.

“He probably has an agreement with Liverpool or Manchester United, or with both. Both clubs have not come to us with an offer.

“They are bluffing and want to blackmail us by waiting until the last week and then make a cheap offer. Bayern must decide whether they want to play this game or stand their ground and keep Thiago.”

Greenwood releases laughing gas statement

After photos from several weeks ago of Mason Greenwood inhaling nitrous oxide from a balloon surfaced this weekend, the 18-year-old released a statement on his actions.

Sign up to our free MUFC newsletter for the latest Jadon Sancho transfer news

Want the lowdown and insight on Jadon Sancho and United’s transfer moves? Get the latest breaking Manchester United news and analysis every day direct to your inbox with our free MUFC newsletter

Sign up here – it only takes a few seconds.

In a statement from United, he said: “I have now been made aware of the health risks associated with this practice and accept that even trying it, as shown in these historical pictures, was poor judgement on may part. I strongly urge others not to follow my example.

“As an 18-year-old I am learning all the time, however, this week I have also learned that I will be judged to a higher standard because of my career as a footballer and I must respect that in future.

“I am determined to repay the faith shown in me by my manager and coaches.”

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.