Fri. Jan 22nd, 2021

Man Utd

News

Independiente confirm Moises Caicedo transfer after Man United end interest

2 min read

Independiente del Valle general manager Santiago Morales has confirmed the club have reached an agreement with a Premier League club for the transfer of former Manchester United target Moises Caicedo.

MEN Sport reported last month United were working on a €6million deal for the midfielder as part of their new transfer strategy which aimed at signing the most talented youngsters from around the world.

However, United shelved plans to sign the 19-year-old due to the involvement of various intermediaries. A source told the MEN the deal was ‘too messy’ for United to proceed with.

It is understood Newcastle were ‘very keen’ on Caicedo but it is widely believed that Brighton & Hove Albion have won the race for his signature and are likely to loan him out.


Video Loading

Morales confirmed Independiente will announce the agreement this week.

“Everything is closed with a Premier League club for Moises Caicedo,” he told La Red. “Today he’s getting his work visa and between Wednesday-Thursday we announce it.”

Caicedo is already a senior Ecuador international and has featured in the Copa Libertadores for Independiente meaning he should have no issues gaining a work permit.

United have already signed two young prospects in Amad Diallo and Facundo Pellistri, with Diallo completing his move to Old Trafford earlier this month after the deal was announced in October,

Diallo became the first player to be signed and registered in the United Kingdom under the new post-Brexit regulations regarding foreign players.

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.