Tue. Mar 2nd, 2021

Man Utd

News

Facundo Pellistri leaves Manchester United on loan and Teden Mengi latest

3 min read

Here is your Manchester United morning digest on Monday, February 1.

Pellistri leaves on loan

United youngster Facundo Pellistri has joined Spanish side Deportivo Alaves on loan, both clubs have confirmed.

Pellistri moved to Old Trafford in the summer from Penarol and has featured a few times for the Under-23s, whilst training with the first-team occasionally. However, the 19-year-old has now moved on loan to the La Liga team in order to get more senior experience under his belt.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has already spoken about the teenage winger in the past and revealed some of his talents. Solskjaer told United’s in-house media: “Our scouts have followed Facundo for a long time and we believe that he will be a real talent for the long term.


Video Loading

“Whilst we understand it will take time for him to adapt to the English game, he is capable of having an impact with his pace and ability to beat his opponent.”

Read the full story here.

Mengi set for loan

Manchester United defender Teden Mengi looks set to join Derby County on loan until the end of the season.

MEN Sport understands that the 18-year-old is in talks with Wayne Rooney‘s side, and while it is yet to be completed, a deal looks set to be struck before this evening’s 11pm deadline.

Mengi has received plenty of interest from numerous Championship clubs this month, but a move to the Rams looks to be on the cards.

The teenage defender captained the Under-23s side that thrashed Liverpool 6-3 on Saturday and United are keen to get the centre-back more first-team football elsewhere.

The Mancunian-born youngster has made one appearance for United’s senior team, coming on as a substitute against LASK in the Europa League last August.

Read the full story here.

Wright hits out at social media companies

Ian Wright has called on social media companies to do more in order to prevent the racist abuse aimed at Marcus Rashford.

Rashford received horrific racist messages on Saturday night following Manchester United’s 0-0 draw with Arsenal.

The 23-year-old striker said the situation showed ‘humanity and social media at its worst’.

Free Manchester United newsletter



Manchester United missed multiple chances to beat Arsenal on Saturday evening, drawing 0-0 at the Emirates Stadium.

Edinson Cavani and Marcus Rashford were culpable of squandering opportunities, as United now sit three points off league leaders Man City having played a game more.

MEN Sport will bring you all the build-up to and reaction from every United match. You can have it all delivered straight to your inbox by signing up to our daily newsletter. Just put your email address in the sign-up box at the top of this article, or simply follow this link. It’s free and only takes a few seconds.

Last week, Axel Tuanzebe and Anthony Martial suffered similar racist abuse to their teammate after United’s defeat to Sheffield United.

Former Arsenal striker Wright has hit out at social media companies for not doing enough to combat the abhorrent abuse.

“As long as the powers that be continue to allow people to feel like it’s something they can do – a black player plays poorly and they come with emojis and whatever it is,” he said on BBC’s Match of the Day.

“Until they do something, there are ways of being able to catch people but I don’t think they are vigilant enough. How much do they care deep down?”

Wright’s fellow pundit Jermaine Jenas added: “The platforms, I need them to show me these people and say they’re doing everything they can to bring some justice. For those asking why we are still taking the knee, there you go.”

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.