Wed. Oct 21st, 2020

Man Utd

News

Exclusive: Man United change stance on David Brooks and Josh King transfers

2 min read

Manchester United are unlikely to move for Bournemouth duo David Brooks or Josh King in the final week of the window.

MEN Sport understands both players have been under consideration by the United recruitment team this summer, with Brooks particularly of interest — although he was never considered a Jadon Sancho ‘alternative’.

United remain determined to land Sancho or an out-and-out right winger alternative before the October 5 deadline and have parked their interest in signing a centre-forward.

Former Old Trafford academy player King was an option before United successfully extended Odion Ighalo’s loan from Shanghai Shenhua until January. United are likely to reprise their striker hunt in the January 2021 window.

Bournemouth sources believe King could leave the club before the deadline shuts, though Brooks is largely expected to stay and build fitness and form on the south coast.

Norwegian international King is an admirer of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, while Ryan Giggs has touted Welsh international Brooks for big things.

But it seems United have their sights set elsewhere in the market, amid negotiations for Sancho and Porto left-back Alex Telles.

Bournemouth boss Jason Tindall said earlier in the summer that players would only leave if their valuations were met.

He said: “First and foremost, it needs to be right for the football club and once it’s right for the football club then, as you’ve seen in the past, I don’t think it’s a club that will stand in anybody’s way providing that the club’s happy with and it meets the valuation of the player.

“Until any offers come in for any players then they remain in Bournemouth regardless anyway. The squad are happy here. They know they’re at a fantastic club and it’s a club that’s going places and want to achieve something this year.”

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.