April 20, 2021

Man Utd

News

Dortmund disclose plans for Haaland and Sancho amid Man United transfer interest

2 min read

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke stated that the club is not planning for anything other than Erling Haaland remaining with the Bundesliga club next season, but the club will listen to offers for Jadon Sancho.

Dortmund’s hopes of Champions League football next season are in the balance following defeat to Eintracht Frankfurt over the weekend, which has left them seven points adrift in the hunt for a top-four finish in the Bundesliga.

That has increased the expectation that Haaland, along with England international Sancho, might look to leave in the summer. United have made Haaland their priority striker target and were particularly keen on Sancho last year, although the MEN understands United are prioritising strengthening in other areas of the pitch this year after spending up to £45million on right-wingers in Amad and Facundo Pellistri.

Addressing Haaland’s future, Watzke said Dortmund are planning for him to stay regardless of the outcome in their push for Champions League football.


Video Loading

“We don’t have a parallel plan. We will talk to Erling, his father and his agent, Mino Raiola, in peace. After all, we want him to be happy to stay with us and that he will score goals with conviction for BVB next year. There is no alternative plan,” he told DAZN.

On Sancho, Watzke added: “If an extraordinary offer comes in for him, we will discuss it with the player and his agent, as always. Nonetheless, I am very sure that the transfer market will only run to a very limited extent this summer.

“Especially at the really big clubs you can see what kind of wounds coronavirus has inflicted, and they are not small ones that heal within two weeks.”

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.